Disclaimer: For educational and informational purposes only. This information is not intended to provide legal advice and should not be relied upon in lieu of consultation with an attorney. The materials have been prepared for informative and educational purposes only. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between the author(s) and you or any other user.
Special Education Caselaw:
- Extended School Year: Court Opinions
- IDEA Decisions from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Liability Risks for Failure to Respond to Knowledge of a Suicidal Child
- Light v Parkway: Inclusion Case – No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
- Oberti and Holland: A Rational View
- The Rowley Case: What Does it Mean?
Student and Other Records:
- Illinois Mental Health Confidentiality Act (comparison with FERPA)
- Records Destruction Procedures
- Student Records in Illinois
- Assistive Technology: What Is The Bottom Line?
- Providing Health-Related Services To Medically Involved Children
- The Final Word on School Health Services: Garret F. Case
Private School Information:
- Background Checks for “Nonrecognized” Public Schools
- The Duty to Inform a Prospective School Employer of a Prior Hotline Call Made By a Former School Employer: Is This Duty Applicable to Private Schools?
- Brittany’s Law
- Children with Disabilities: Summary of Research on Their Prevalence in Juvenile Delinquient/Corrections Populations
- Consolidated Guide for School Law Timelines
- Educational Malpratice in Illinois
- Educational Mandates for Children with Disabilities
- FMLA Provisions
- Guide to Educational Services for Ill and Disabled Children
- Home School: Federal Mandate?
- IDEA and the No Child Left Behind Act
- Illinois Special Education Regulations and Definitions
- Inclusion: Incompatibility with Mandates of IDEA
- Limited English Proficiency
- Overview Of The Federal Mandate Of Special Education
- Parental Consent – ISBE Inquiry
- Police Use of Force
- School Background Checks
- School Residency Law – Illinois
- School Residency Related to Residential Placement
- Section 504 in the Public Schools: How Does It Differ from the IDEA?
- Socially Maladjusted Children and Special Education Services
- Special Education Eligibility Definitions (Illinois)
- Transition of Children from 0 – 3 Programs to Early Childhood Programs